Saturday, March 13, 2010

Full Year Notebook using the WB

Since I love notebooking I fell in love with these beautiful notebooks ATI sells.They are not listed on the IBLP website they must be a special order for ATI families.If you purchase 8 they are $4 each and that includes the dividers that are made for the WB resources.
As you can see they are color coded according to the WB resources.The tabs include:
  • Bible Studies
  • Life Principles
  • Character Studies
  • Overview
  • Prayer
  • Journal
  • Other/Summary
  • Insights Through Investigation
  • Power Through Precision
  • History
  • Science
  • Authority Through Accuracy
  • Law
  • Medicine
  • The notebook also has the D-rings which hold more paper and is a better design for the pages.



Now I will use this notebook to do my WB Full-Year Notebook for the WB.What that simply is making next years notebook before the school year starts.
The first thing I will do is go to the ATI website to print out all the worksheets for the WB I plan to do next year.I will also print out any helpful pages like the Operational Definitions of Character Qualities page and place that tool in the notebook so the students will have it on hand when needed etc.











I then plan to print out any notebooking pages or worksheets I plan to use.



I will go to the WB for the Advance students to give them their assignments.The first page you can type out or write the assignments for the WB projects.Here I listed when the assignment is do,the course code#,Questions listen to help them begin their research, and a place for them to list the books used in the research.



I then place a title of all the Indian tribes I want them to research on the top of the page.These pages will be were they do their written work.They can take notes on the front & write the paper on the back.







It all then gets placed in the notebook to be ready for them.








You can place notebooking pages in like mentioned above,Having this all ready to go gives you the advantage of being ready and staying on course.





Well this is my game plan to work on slowly and have all the kids full-year notebook ready for next year.I will be working hard to have it done before summer so we can enjoy the summer with no planning or school.
The nice thing is this full-year notebook is my tool not my master.I can easily remove something if I change my mind or we didn't cover something because we spent more time in another area.I can easily add to it as we go.Field trips etc.
I also plan after the school year ends & I pick up my portfolio from the Superintendent to use a Binder machine and make a final year notebook.Hubby just purchased me a binding machine for my birthday so I plan to get my moneys work out of it.

4 comments:

  1. where did you find those vocabulary worksheets? are they on the ati site? you have so many good ideas here. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, If you are referring to the Greek worksheets they are on the ATI website.There is a Greek WS for each Wisdom Booklet.They also have an answer key for each Greek worksheet.Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I have never seen these. I am trying to understand. In your planning you print out all the sheets needed for the whole year of 8 Wisdom Books and have them in the notebook? You do not break it down for each book they just stack on top of each other? Sorry for all the questions....trying to get organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane I tried once doing the entire year but between life and the Lord leading our studies in a different direction I have learned to just prepare one Wisdom booklet a month. Sometimes a week at a time. But for some people they do better preparing a year. It depends on the family. As they work through it it gets filed in the notebook. If you are one that does better with printing out a whole year then they can open the notebook and go. My boys destroy everything so I keep the notebook on the shelf and add to it. I hope that helps.

      Delete

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected