Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wisdom Booklet 20~Science 2 Insects

~*Science Resource 2*~
How Do Termites Illustrate the" Righteousness" of the scribes and Pharisees?
For our Wisdom Booklet lesson we studied termites.We then compared them as an analogy to a Pharisee.The kids enjoyed this study.Learning interesting facts about termites and challenged spiritually as we looked at the analogy. We completed the Resource yesterday and completed the projects today.
I decided to do an insect study as one of the recommended WB projects.Here is how we did it.
  • Jr.high students choose a research project from the BJU Biology book then a way to present it .Dominic decided on a mini book on major orders of insects while Joe decided on characteristics of insects doing a scrapbook to learn page.
  • upper elementary students I used Considering God's Creation and did lesson 13 on insects so they ended up doing worksheets (notebooking)
  • Prek-2nd we made a model of a moth & butterfly then compared them. Then I had them draw a bug to see what they learned and Angelo remembered insects has 6 legs, etc.Job drew his butterfly sideways which I thought was cute.

Daddy came home from work just when we finished up our projects so each child gave a report using their co mpleted work.Daddy enjoys hearing the children's reports and being apart of what they are learning.

1 comment:

  1. 6 legs lol..typo I still need to learn how to edit my typos since I am always in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected