Friday, January 15, 2010

Wisdom Booklet 20~History Resource


Today we studied:


  • Alexander the Great

  • Ancient Greece Military

  • Ancient Greece Battles

  • Ancient Greece Navy




I began by reading a Read Aloud of the Ancient Greek time period.I love The Story of the World series written by Susan Wise Bauer.Her writing makes history come to life in a story.I consider this a great living book.It it Volume 1: Ancient Times.I will be reading a chapter daily until we read all the stories of Ancient Greece.


Currclick came to the rescue again.I purchased History Pockets Ancient Greece.I used the lessons to teach everyone.We did the Military lesson today.


We then did our projects & further research:



  • Jr.High students researched Ancient military then wrote about it. I purchased an Ancient Greece scrapbook to learn packet from Heart of Wisdom for them to use with this study. This is how they will record their learning for the entire study on Ancient Greece.

  • Angelina my 5th grader will be making the Ancient Greece Pocket History Book

  • Daniel my 3rd grader will be making an Ancient Greece poster and add to it each day as he learns something new.

  • Both Angelina & Daniel will use Ancient Greece history scribe for writing.

  • Prek-2nd Angelo & Job will be making hands on activities.Today they designed their own Hoplite shields.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected