Saturday, January 16, 2010

Living Books


Since today we have no school I thought a good topic would be living books.I am preparing for Wisdom Booklet 21 so I am in search for living books for read alouds, kids to read, and exciting research books.These are the qualities I like to find in living books.


  • visuals and pictures that make the study interesting (research books)

  • well organized in thought and categories (research books)

  • when it comes to science any creation books I can get my hands on(research books)

  • books that encourage Godly character (reading)

  • books that make history or the person come to life and you just don't want to put the book down (reading)

An awesome tool I purchased at a local homeschool workshop was The Heart of Wisdom teaching approach. This book is a must for me in a Christian homeschool as a tool ,encouragement, & a how to homeschool if you are new to homeschooling.

In the back it has lists of recommended living books organized by topic for both reading and research living books.There is so much more in this book that I praise the Lord he has directed me to this whether it refreshes me in teaching or as a tool for getting some great living books.

I purchase living books to use with the Wisdom Books and that works best for me especially during the Greek study there are tons of pictures with stickers on them lol .Most eras are not quite so bad .The library of course s a great place for a tight budget.It doesn't matter if you purchase or use the library in each case living books are the way to go.Just set them on a table and someone will be drawn in to them.It may be your 4 year old noticing a lion on a shield or you Jr.high son noticing battle formations.

I have the Heart of Wisdom link listed on as one of my tools used to feed my sheep.Gods perfect timing again I am on her email list and she sent out an email stating she has an updated HOW store.I really love the Biblical world view Robin Sampson holds so I love to fellowship with her through books & her websites.It sure is one of my favorite spices I add to using my Wisdom Booklets when digging deeper for the Wisdom Booklet projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected