Thursday, April 28, 2011

WB 30 Law Resource,The Great Depression,& Interactive notebooks

Today we did number 2 in the law resource.The study was on the American laws focusing on Social Security & Welfare.The Social Security act of 1935 began during the depression which is part of our project study on the Great Depression. Our challenge was is it the governments responsibility to provide for the poor? As far as Christians are concerned the Bible is clear alms giving must be a family & church responsibility. We have relaxed and have allowed the government to do the work God intended for us to do. I believe this is not only in caring for the poor but also in educating our children.
**********************************************************************************************************************We then continued our study using the Hands of a Child Great depression. This is now my favorite way of doing the mini-booklets.I simply glue them on cardstock and place them in a 3 prong folder. I actually put the cardstock in first so the mini-booklets do not get caught in the crease.Another benefit is you can arrange the mini-booklets in order as you study the lesson along with leaving extra space to decorate with pictures etc. You then can add notebooking pages and make a complete notebook for the WB.I think when I prepare for next year this is what I will do for each child each WB. I love having the side pockets for the vocab definitions or whatever you need. When done you can decorate the cover to make it a WB notebook.

Another name for this hybrid lapbook/notebook is called an interactive notebook. http://www.squidoo.com/interactive-notebook I think this will be they way I do my WB notebooks next year.I then have the freedom to do notebooking pages or pages with mini-books.

Please pray for this family & give if the Lord leads.They lost their home in a recent tornado. I am always amazed how the Lord challenges me on the Biblical lessons we learn in the Wisdom booklets. http://proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/2011/04/tornado-destroys-home-of-kelly-crawford.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected