Monday, March 1, 2010

WB 21 Medicine Resource~Heart

Today we continued our study of the heart. I planned to finish this study Friday but I decided over the weekend to finish it up today.We watched Red River of Life. For review I had the older students make a heart for the younger students to walk through.Joe likes to draw so he did while Dominic traced.This was a good review before we dissected the heart.






Since there is tons of snow outside we could not draw the heart on the sidewalk as the WB projects suggested so we used a large cardboard box.




The younger students walking through the heart.






Dominic suggested turning the box over to make a valve having them crawl through.They of coarse loved that.We had them crawl backwards and Dominic the valve would not let them backup or back flow.






So we let them continue to play with the box while the Dom & Joe dissected a sheep heart we purchased from Tobin's lab.







































I pulled out our human model so the kids could see actually were the heart was located to get a better understanding. I really like this model . I purchased it from Timberdoodle.




























2 comments:

  1. Rachel what is this resource you have here, the organizer? that looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laureen! I purchased this from Timberdoodle.It is really cool the insides are squishy and it comes with a book.Smart Lab Human Body is the name of it.It is really nice to teach anatomy!

    ReplyDelete

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected