Saturday, March 6, 2010

Planning next year's WB~* Step 2

This year I am trying something new.I purchased the Full Year Notebook System by Julie Anderson http://full-year-notebooks.com/to organize my home school & WB.There is also a yahoo group also for support for this organization tool.Since I LOVE notebooks I really like this tool.


As I stated in step one I have decided to record by semesters so I pull out my Parent Guide planners of the WB I plan to complete the next school year.I plan to do WB 25-28 semester 1 & WB 29-32 for semester 2.I then grab a calendar and the Weekly Planner to begin planning the school year.I use the Weekly Planner only for my WB.






























Above additional studies I will list Beginner,Intermediate,& Advance.I will circle in the Parent Guide the projects I plan to do then record it in the weekly planner.I may do one project for one day or I may do 3 days of projects.It just depends.If I come across something I need to purchase ahead of time like a frog then I can go to the WB before and mare in the needs order from to dissect.
I only schedule 4 days a week leaving Friday Blank.The reason is to keep Friday open for co-op days, an extra day to for emergency, field trip, or if we get behind from over scheduling to get caught up on things.Most normal weeks will still be 5 days of school unless the extra day is used for emergency or sick day etc.
I plan to begin the school year the end of August so the year will end the beginning of April.This gives me 8 weeks of extra time in case of unexpected needs of days off so I can have 180 days in by June 30 the PA deadline.
Remember the Weekly Planner is just a planner the dates are not important they can easily change and the projects etc.It is a tool not a master! If the student spent more time in an area I simply change things around they still spent the necessary time in school. It may be: reading,watching a movie,writing, etc. I use the weekly planner as a compass and the reporting website as a final log of we completed.Both can be changed to fit my needs.
In the past this is were I have stopped in planning projects,book to read, & verses to memorize but this year I am going a step further to Step 3 which I will work on next week Lord willing.
This week for Step 2 it was like doing an outline of a writing assignment. Next week I will add more details to the Weekly planner and even take a step further to begin my Full-Year Notebook :O)

3 comments:

  1. Would you be interested in selling your old parent guide planners and a copy of your weekly planner? I was blessed with an old set (B&W) WB and WBLA. Being a single mom, I can't afford much, but then again I know the Lord will provide as He has with the materials we have thus far. I have many items from Bill Gothard, and gone through the first seminar in Florida. Please pray about it and see if this is something that you and your husband would might consider. Thank you in advance! Karen (diamondsden@aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am interested in the Parent Planner.(maybe you know how to get a copy) I can pretty much ditto what she said, except I am not a single mom. I am a mother of 8 and one more on the way. We have been through the Basic seminar three times. I was finally able to purchase the old WB 15-54. If you know anyone who has the first 14 I would be interested in those too. Please contact me at dknights@maine.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever get Part 3 written? I would be very interested. High school is here and I need all the help I can get to get things organized. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected