Thursday, June 11, 2015

Mystery of History memory cards

We are continuing using Mystery of History year 1. We just began the classical period. I love note booking pages but printing them out weekly just was not getting done since the baby was born. So to make life easier for mom I decided to start the memory cards the author recommends . I write the title, dates, and hard to spell names etc. on the board for them.
I purchased this spiral set of note cards.
Instead of making the memory cards at once we do them at the end of every lesson.
The title of the lesson and date we put on the front of the card that is blank.
They write important information on the back. I let them choose what is important but I do read over it to make sure it is accurate. I have found they often get the information wrong so this allows them to organize their thoughts and make sure they understood how things happened in the history lesson. Spelling I try to work on too but as you can see here he misspelled uncle so I will have him go and correct that.
I really like using the memory cards. They will be easy to review and I don't have to prepare for the lesson printing out note booking pages or mini books. They are in timeline order. I also like the fact that they are not intimidating with tons of space to fill out like a complete page. This also allows them to boil down the important information. I will let you know how it goes as we use them for the rest of volume 1of MOH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected