Friday, June 12, 2015

Mystery of History timeline- Wall of Fame

I started off the school year by making a timeline book that each child had their own. We were not keeping up with that since it required me printing out and all of them doing a timeline. I did love the individuality and the ability to add more to the timeline but it wasn't getting done so I purchased the sewing board from Amazon and made a timeline like the author recommended .
I choose my own colors for the duck tape for the timeline. An easy way to add the figures is to just lay them out and use clear packing in tape to place them on the timeline. I then use a permant marker to add the dates. 
I am using the free timeline figures you can find on Pinterest or on my past post when we did the timeline books. We review the time period then they each color the figures. I am having the kids color Bible history titles orange and history yellow. 
This timeline folds up nice and is smaller than a science board so it's easy to keep if you are limited in space. I did use white contact paper to cover it. You can still see the lines through the contact paper but I like that to use to place my time lines on. Others have used marble patterns etc. if I ever have a large wall for a big timeline I would purchase the Konos timeline. This time line meets my needs and is working great.
  I like doing the map work and timeline review before we take our weekly review quiz. This seems to help them remember it all and put it together more than I did in school learning history. The more I use MOH the more it proves to be a good choice for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected