Wednesday, May 13, 2015

TruthQuest History Middle Ages & Biblioplan Medieval History


     I am so excited my books are coming in for next year. The picture above are some of the spine books we will be using for history . I can't wait to read through them. It's like a buffet picking books to read out loud to the kids and assign them reading material for reading. We will use Biblioplan for a resource book to dig in more when we want. The high school kids will use Biblioplan as their main curriculum using some of our Truth Quest books and Mystery of History for extra reading. The elementary and middle school will be using TruthQuest and we all will be doing medieval history . I plan do do the TruthQuest Middle Ages the first half of the year and the Renessiance the second half. 

  The picture below are some examples of the books we will be reading that are not spine books. I plan on teaching the kids how to watercolor paint this year for art. So they can paint the coloring book pages I copy on card stock as they listen to the read out loud and history lesson. The coloring books are also great to read and learn from as each page has a paragraph or two on what the picture is about. I am having fun pinning on Pintrest some great ideas for the school year to add to the wonderful living books. We are still in our current school year studying ancient hisory but I can't wait until August when we give TruthQuest using all these living books a try. I love books! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected