Saturday, May 16, 2015

New DIY bookshelves ! My homeschool mom's book nook.


My book shelves were falling apart. They were the cheap ones from Biglots. Since we are remodeling he decided to build me new ones out if 2" by 10" boards. I love them they are strong . We used Minwax weathered oak for the stain. My last bookshelves we white and showed all the dust from our wood burner so I am hoping this color will camouflage the dust a little since in the winter we always have dust from the wood burner. It also matches my brick wall color.We used high gloss polyurathane to make it easy to wipe off.


This is my homeschool mom book nook. I placed all the curriculum and read outloud books next to were I will be sitting for easy reach. Since I have the couch against the bookshelf to add space in the livingroom I placed books I will not be using on the bottom shelf.

Here is a birds eye view of the two book shelves he made me. I love decorating with books!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected