Monday, August 25, 2014

Math U See ~ folders for workbox and weeks schedule

Every Monday we watch our videos for the weeks lessons together. I originally was using report covers but I have found this way to be easier so I wanted to post an update on the change. Since I use workboxes I do not have to write out a schedule every week. To see my work boxes click here 
I simply pull out all the worksheets for the week and test then place them in their Math folder then in the their Math workboxes. The front pocket has the scheduled worksheets in order and the weeks test. That back side of the folder as pictured above has the extra worksheets if they need more work mastering the topic ,we would repeat the video of that lesson the following Monday, then finish the worksheets they needed to finish and add more the the Math U See website until they master the concept. However, most of the time they master the concept in the week . I love Math U See for this reason it continues to build on what they master so Math seems easy and the frustration is at a minimum while they are learning.
 I write the normal weeks Math schedule on the Math folder itself so I no longer  have to do it weekly. This is their routine every week unless the are having trouble tackling a concept. I also place a sticky note on the folder after we watch the video together so they can see the concept all week as  they do their work independently every day for the rest of the week. I check their Math daily which I feel is important to make sure they are mastering what they are learning. I have learned the hard way that you can't depend on them telling you when they are struggling. If they don't realize its wrong and they think its right then they won't come to you and then you loose a week of moving ahead if your realize after they take the weekly test.
 I love the hands on manipulatives used with every lesson !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected