Thursday, July 24, 2014

Curriculum shopping Biblioplan, Wisdom Booklets, Apologia etc.saving $

I just purchased all of my Science curriculum for the year & Literature readings we will be reading for week 1 of Biblioplan.

Here is how I shop to compare prices to get the best deals.


  1. I check off all the books I choose to use whether its curriculum like Apologia,  literature books etc. , Language Arts, Ace, etc. whatever you are shopping for at the moment.
  2. Next I go to CBD and fill my shopping cart with all the things I plan on purchasing. They have good prices for new products. Click here to go to CBD
  3. I then leave that page open and shop for used or a better price. Somethings like Apologia notebooks or workbooks I like to purchase new just because I don't want any writing in the books where my children will be writing. Other books like read aloud , textbooks etc. I try to purchase used.
  4. There are many places to purchase used curriculum & books.  My favorite places are Ebay & Amazon. You simply go to you favorite bargain websites and search to compare prices. 
  5. Once I find the best deal I purchase then go to my CBD cart and delete the item I found at a better price on another website. You must consider the cost of shipping when finding a bargain. 
  6. After I have shopped I purchase what is left over in my cart. I Google search CBD free shipping to find coupons on shipping. Most of the time you can get free shipping with orders of $100 or more and often for shipping of $35.00 or more.
  7. I also have Amazon Prime which is a big help on shipping and worth while for me as a homeschooler. 
  8. Another great option that is free is the library.
When comparing to new prices I love finding bargains that will save me $ . I need to be a good steward of the $ and homeschooling is not cheap. It is worth it to me to purchase Christ centered materials that will equip & educate them for life.

Do you have any favorite places to bargain shop you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected