Monday, July 14, 2014

Our Daily schedule using the Wisdom Booklets.

    I had a page originally of what our typical day looks like doing the Wisdom Booklets but I removed the pages. There a few moms who asked for the information so I thought I would re-post.

Wisdom Booklet: subject ~Bible
 Every morning we start with the Wisdom Booklets because we want to start our day with God's word. We sit together as a family and review cover of the WB reading the verse, character trait, & major concept. We then sing the WB hymn together and sometimes other hymns . We then read scripture the WB recommends for wisdom searchers. Wisdom searches is exactly as it sounds we are reading the Bible looking for wisdom from God in His word . The wisdom searchers relate to the verse, concept, or character in some way.

Wisdom Booklet: reading resource
Each student has a WB. Ideally I will read the little peoples text out loud then dismiss those who can't read. This benefits the older students as it is a condensed version and outline of what we will be studying in the resource. The students who can read that remain each take a paragraph to read out loud as we go in a circle reading through the selected resource. I have really found the beneficial in having them practice reading out loud and strengthening their reading skills. I can also help them break up the word if struggling reading. Reading together also benefits we can discuss and relate it to the WB themes. It can take anywhere from 1-3 days to read through a resource sometimes more depending on how much information we are covering.

Wisdom Booklet time is my favorite part of the day. I am always spiritually feed and love the discussions that come out of this time as a family together.

We then do the 3 Rs: Reading , writing, and arithmetic. which include:.

  • Math
  • Language arts : spelling ,writing, grammar, literature
  • reading
Lunch time!

Wisdom booklet projects are done in the afternoon. At this time we do a study and work on a notebook, writing assignment, or lapbook. We also can do hands on projects, crafts, art,chores,movie, read aloud etc. Whatever I have planned for the WB projects. 


I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected