Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Principle Approach -using the Bible as the main textbook

Today I was looking through the 2011 issue of the Schoolhouse Publishing Catalog www.shpublishing.com .They had an article titled How to Choose your curriculum and Not Turn Prematurely Gray in the Process. This was an excellent article on the different views & styles of homeschooling. For example they gave a brief explanation to the different styles that you will hear in the homeschooling world.


  1. Classical Education

  2. Charlotte Mason Method

  3. Unschooling

  4. Principle Approach

  5. Unit Studies

What caught my eye was the explanation of the Principle Approach because this reminds me the most concerning the Wisdom Booklets. How ever the interesting thing about the Wisdom Booklets is it is a tool that framework is the Bible (Principle Approach) but can be taught in any style: Classical Education, Charlotte Mason, Unschooling, Principle Approach, & Unit Studies.

Today was the first time I heard of the Principle Approach but from what I read it really reminds me of the Wisdom Booklets. Here is a a few links to get a better understanding. So I am going to research more about this approach. One thing mentioned was a notebook so I will be digging into this subject more but I thought I would share with you.
The Principle Approach - FACE
http://homehearts.com/step-by-step-guide/step-4-develop-your-approach/the-principle-approach/

One thing that was neat about the Schoolhouse Publishing is they have a charts in the catalog after each subject ex. history the places checks to show the homeschooler the different styles so you have an idea if it fits your style.

I am so thankful the Wisdom Booklets teach my children about life through the lens of the word of God.That is what is important to us more than what style I use to teach but finding your style since we are all different sure makes it more enjoyable. I was just telling my husband today my goals especially for my highschool students next year is to research and answer the recommended projects in the WB.I want them to learn to answer life through the Bible and know how to cut up the meat themselves before they chew it.This I believe is what the Principle Approach is all about but I will dig into the subject some more!

1 comment:

  1. I have read other articles about the Priciple Approach and I agree with you. That is the closest thing to describle the WB.

    I will order that catalog.

    ReplyDelete

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected