Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dry Erase Paint~ making schooling a little easier

Since school is done it is the season of repairing, preparing, and getting things done around the house. So I make a mental list of some things that need organized or can be done to make my life easier as a mom or teacher. One of my problems was laundry and praise the Lord that yoke is now light. That was a mom need. So this weekend we worked on a teacher need. One of my challenges or inconvenience was I use a dry erase board for teaching. Problem: We do not have any wall space in the school room or living room because of so many book shelves. So I would pull out the dry erase board and place it on the table.This takes up room on the table and the board would slide down etc. Need met ( have a dry erase board)but I needed a better way. So I have a white school cabinet in the school room which I normally place posters on and I thought that would make a perfect place for out dry erase board. I would just have to open the door slightly and my students would be able to see the board. I don't have to mess with pulling out the board just grab a dry erase marker and work away. No more room or wall space needed.


This is the Dry Erase Paint we purchased at Home Depot. You can paint it on just about any flat surface. Angelina did this project while I painted the bathroom & the men/boys finished the french drain. The beauty of a large family you can tackle many projects at a time :O) She loves to paint so she was excited to do the project. First she sanded the surface.Once the paint is mixed it is only good for so many hours. The problem we had was the roller.If you attempt this project make sure you purchase rollers that leave a very smooth surface. A high quality sponge roller.We tried a regular smooth roller and the paint is so sensitive it left bumps.I did have a sponge roller I found in the garage so we used that but it fell apart while applying the second coat. SO for this paint I would ask the store for the proper roller to use with this paint. I learned the hard way!



The paint works! The left side turned out smooth since it was the second door we did after switching rollers.The ride side which is the one I will probably use more is lumpy.It will be well worth it for me to sand it down and try it again. I think it will make teaching next school year a little easier for me. Another thing I look forward to is my younger children love to draw on the dry erase board so while I am teaching they can draw on the other door.


Is there anything during your last school year that you could do to make it run more smoothly. I encourage you to write that problem down, pray, and talk to your hubby about it. As you know as a homeschool mom time is precious and being a good steward of time focusing on eternal things is pleasing to the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected