Monday, March 14, 2011

WB 29 Science~Sun~VitaminD,Tides,plant growth

Today we began our Science Resource. How does the Sun benefit good & evil? That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust.... So we began our study on how the sun benefits life on earth.I used blank general notebooking pages for Angelina & Daniel .Dominic & Joe my advance students took notes on the part of the resource we covered today.Since there is so much information & material to cover I broke the resource up into 3 days.

I love these coloring books! I cut up a the picture for there notebook page and the older students had whole pages to add to their notebook. The picture really shows how the auxin responds to the light & gravity. I also had them add photo=light & Geo=earth to their definitions.
Angelo my lower elementary will be working through this workbook. It is nice an simple and perfect for his age.I really like Evan Moore products.

I used a globe for the sun and two small balls to demonstrate the gravitation pull causing the tides.
I am hoping it is nice tomorrow so we can look for signs of life responding to the time change.This is perfect timing since we just changed the clocks and spring is almost here. and the light of day will be longer.I plan on having them choose a plant to observe until the end of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected