Tuesday, March 8, 2011

WB 29 History Resource & Southeast Asia

Today we began our History Resource.Since it is large I broke it into three days.During those three days I choose to study Southeast Asia as our project.Here are some of tools I used that are in my library.My elementary students will be doing countries of Southeast Asia notebooking pages but everyone will learn about the cultures. http://www.homeschoolinthewoods.com/HTTA/OldeWorldMaps.htm This is my favorite Geography notebooking pages. We used our Encyclopedia to get the information.We studied the country of Thailand today. Here is a website to write words in Thai. http://www.thai-language.com/id/31401

I also had them color a Thailand house from this Dover coloring book.



This is a great map book because it has almost if not all the countries of the world in a large size so you can fill in the major rivers, Mt's, etc.

We also grabbed our living books.Did you know ants are cooked for food.I couldn't convince the kids to try it .lol

The older students will be completing chapter 19 in the BJU Geography book this week on Southern & Southeast Asia. I copied some of the picture for their notebook.Today they read up until the section review.I wrote the review questions in their notebook to complete.










They also had to take notes under maps of both Southern & Southeast Asia geography from the book looking at the bold words as their clue.












The cats love tank must be low.They never jump up on school table and at different times today each one lied down were the kids were working.






Today marks the first day of my second trimester so my energy has returned :) but I feel so unprepared for his WB. Preparation is the key of success with the WB.Since I had no energy I did not prepare enough for this WB and I feel it! I will press on but plan on preparing for the next WB Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected