Tuesday, September 7, 2010

WB 25 Science Resource ~* Botany


Today we began our Science resource. I want to do one more day of Egypt but I decided to keep trucking through our Wisdom Booklet as planned .I like to do 2 weeks of History then two weeks of science each month for my projects. That recipe can change with each Wisdom Booklet but it is how I plan the Wisdom booklets in the spring for the following year. My planner book is a tool not my master and a wonderful tool to use as I follow the Holy Spirits leading through out the school year.


So today we began our Science Resource for WB 25 part 1.One of the Advance recommended projects was reading to read the Secrets of the Vine by Bruce Wilkinson which goes beautifully with our Science Resource so we decided to do it as our family devotions. We will work through part 1 of the Science Resource all week. After we read a portion I then had them draw & label the tree from the WB on a nature study notebooking page I purchased some time ago.This can easily be made homemade on Microsoft Word or simply drawn on a regular notebook paper.

Dominic is doing Apologia Biology this year so I had him work on Module 14 which is a module on Botany since we are focusing on Botany in the WB. He did the experiments today and his younger siblings were able to watch and learn. These are some pictures of his experiment to learn how Anthocyanins and ph help determine leaf color this is a re cabbage leaf in the pot. Science is fun :O)


He had fun adding to the experiment trying different ways to get different color.That I enjoyed watching thinking outside the box.That is what science is experiments playing, recording & learning.




Dominic looking at a prepared slide.






We did not get a chance to go outside today:( We will tomorrow. I might have to read our Wisdom Booklet under our apple tree. I wish I would of done that today so we could of looked at the learning process of pruning. There is always tomorrow and I am looking forward to both the science lesson and the spiritual lesson in our Wisdom Booklets tomorrow.





1 comment:

  1. yay! so glad you are blogging again! love reading and looking at your pics

    ReplyDelete

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected