Monday, September 6, 2010

WB 25 Power Through Prec, History Resource




This past week August 30-September 3 we completed both the Power Through Precision and the History Resource.Since today is Labor Day we had day off and enjoyed the hint of fall while we worked outside finishing up some projects before winter. Now I am grabbing a cup of Red Raspberry tea and decided to catch up on my blog.


We enjoyed this resource as always studying the fear of the Lord.


Since it was a long resource we worked through it little by little each day.This was very rewarding because we were able to chew on the meat and gain the nourishment from God's word.


Friday we did the History Resource.We watched a Ancient Egyptians Disc 1 from Netflix that was about the Battle of Megiddo last week,which was in our history resource so we were so excited the reading the account after watching the movie then placing ourselves in back in Egypt as Moses. I pray my
each one of my children will fear God all their lives and not man. I also pray they will have their eyes on the Kingdom of Heaven and not on the riches of this world just like Moses did so long ago. I was enjoying the Wisdom Booklet time discussing so many things the Lord brought up as we read through
the resource.


We continued to study Ancient Egypt .We began a new read aloud which the children are enjoying The Golden Goblet by Eloise McGraw. We also watched Disc 2 of Ancient Egypt The priests of Amun & The Cult of the Apis Bull from Netflix. These movies would be for older students. It gives a good view of Egyptian culture when it comes to the religion of the day.I enjoy it because they use real Egyptian actors and it a movie in a historical account. I always enjoy movies because you notice the small things that you covered during the study that might of not caught your eye without studying the Ancient Egyptians first.


I wanted to begin the Botany this week but there are a few things in the study of Ancient Egypt I want to cover. I can not do a study of Ancient Egypt without looking at the Egyptian gods and 10 plagues.So we will finishing up Ancient Egypt this week and then moving on to Botany which is a perfect time of year to be outside doing school since I love the fall.


We are a science family the kids always get excited to leave history and do science lol. This week will be first week of the WEC co-op.The kids are getting excited for the co-ops to start. Between the holiday & the co-op my week has been shortened so I may skip the WBLA and do it next so they do not feel rushed. We can do review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected