Monday, May 17, 2010

WB 24 Power Through Precision & Mayans

First we did the Power Through Precision.Our vocabulary words that we did a further study (etymology, synonyms, & antonyms) were:
  • lust
  • appetite
  • fantasy
  • wish
  • desire
  • aspire
  • covet
  • admire
  • infatuated
  • obsessed

We looked at the Biblical example of lust in Samson & Amnon. We plan to memorize Job 31:1 I made a covenant with my eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?

We then began our project study of Mayans, Aztecs, & Incas using Hands of a Child.

Joe likes to draw. I like when they add their personal artwork to the covers. I printed out pictures from the Internet as we went to decorate the lapbook & covers.


Instead of using the traditional file folders we made mini~lapbooks out of colored cardstock to create an accordion lapbook.I like the accordion lapbooks because I can connect other lapbooks I decide to do with the other resources.The other advantage is I can group all the mini-booklets
on one subject in one mini-lapbook.Today we did all the Mayan mini-booklets * lesson.

We used the Hands of a Child Mayan, Aztec & Inca lapbook.http://www.handsofachild.com/shop/Mayans-Aztecs-Incas-Project-Pack-P1483.aspx



No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected