Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wisdom Booklet monthly planning


I I only use the weekly planner for my Wisdom Booklets.This allows me to change things if I need to change things etc. I do list the topic at the top of the week so when look ahead I can easy see what further focus studies we will be working on if I want to order books or plan field trips etc.



WEEK 1
  • Monday=Major Concept,Commands of Christ,Wisdom Quiz
  • Tuesday=Wisdom Worksheet then Meditation worksheet
  • Wednesday=Character Quality worksheet
  • Thursday=Theme Song
  • Friday=Wisdom Worksheet & Insights through Investigations,Greek lesson from ATI site plus Greek worksheet from ATI site

  • ( For the projects I usually use this week to finish up a long Science or history study from the previous WB)

WEEK 2

  • Monday=Wisdom Worksheet & Power Through Precision/ etymology notebook page or mini-booklet,project older kids
  • Tuesday=Wisdom Worksheet & History resource
  • Wednesday=History project
  • Thursday=History project
  • Friday=History project or co-op

WEEK 3

  • Monday=Wisdom Worksheet & Science Resource
  • Tuesday=Science project
  • Wednesday=Wisdom Worksheet & Authority through Accuracy
  • Thursday=Science project
  • Friday=Science project or co-op

WEEK 4

  • Monday=Wisdom Worksheet & Law Resource
  • Tuesday=Wisdom Worksheet & Medicine Resource
  • Wednesday= Life Classroom / project
  • Thursday=project day
  • Friday= project day or co-op

This is a general outline of how I go through the Wisdom Booklets but sometimes...

  • I will switch the resources around if I want to spend more time in science or medicine etc.
  • I will schedule a topic that I want to spend more time on like science or history on project days or the first week when I am doing the meditation worksheet etc. this keeps my Wisdom Booklets moving while giving ans allows a deeper subjects study
  • when I plan I look at the medicine , science, & history topics
  • I use the ATI Weekly planners to plan 4 Wisdom Booklets at a time & figure out the subjects we will be digging into in science history,
  • I will also look for a read aloud & books to read that will relate to the subject when possible.I look for hands on ideas,field trip ideas etc.and search for notebooking pages,lapbooks, & living books that I may use.If my budget is tight I simply use general notebookng pages or make a mini-book using the BJU books or encyclopedia always have on hand..I also try to find moves that may go with the subject.I write all my plans in the weekly planner

Now I have a priority list Wisdom Booklets first and the 3Rs daily.Read aloud second priority then hands on projects last.If life is busy for whatever reason and all we do is our Wisdom Booklets and the older kids get signed a research/writing assignment for their projects & movies.If life is not demanding I try to do tons of field trips & fun hands on projects along with the kids research & writing work.

I love the Wisdom Booklets for both the heart issues & knowledge so make sure they are always apart of our school is important.Christ has clearly directed and called us to using the Wisdom Booklets .

4 comments:

  1. thanks for listing this. I will show my DH since he is the one that plans WB :) www.atifamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How and where do you order the WB? I cannot find it on their website. Do you need many books to do the tasks, projects etc?
    Eszter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to write this. It has been a big help to me.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Jane. The Wisdom booklets are such a blessing.

      Delete

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected