Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mystery of History and Biblioplan

One of the things I enjoy about MOH and Biblioplan is how they complement each other. My high school students follow the Biblioplan guide and as you can see below the MOH is scheduled in the reading as optional extra reading which my students read along with their Biblioplan. This guide can also helps me with my elementary / Jr. high students who do the opposite. Mystery of History as the main curriculum and Biblioplan as added extra fun facts to learn.
Here is an example. We finished studying Hezekiah, Sennacherib, Mannasseh, and the powers of Mesopotamia in weeks 16-17.
So today I used the Biblioplan guide to study more about what we covered in MOH. Biblioplan textbook is like a Christ centered Encyclopedia with interesting facts and pictures so it's a good review and study more on what we have been learning. I love the way she includes the Bible verses that go with what we are studying. For example the verses in the Bible that refer to Hezekiah and Sennacherib that are in Bible. I am reading the 3 recommended of lessons of MOH then the 4rth day reviewing and digging in deeper with the Biblioplan then doing maps. Well I need to get better at getting the maps in!
 We are also reading through as a read aloud " The God King" by Joanne Williamson that is an awesome book on King Hezekiah, the Assyrians, and even Ancient Egypt. This was a recommended read aloud from Biblioplan as you can see in the schedule above. I love the fascinating facts of History from Biblioplan as we read through MOH with the younger students.
  The older students like doing BIblioplan indepentantly.
This year using both together is working well for us. I am excited to give TruthQuest a try next year. If it doesn't work out I will be back to MOH for my younger students. The high school kids will continue to do Biblioplan. I really do enjoy the way Mystery of History and Biblioplan work  well together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected