Sunday, February 22, 2015

Scheduling the Wisdom Booklets with the Parent Guide Planner

     I am so excited to start back up with the Wisdom Booklets. We just sent in our yearly registration and ordered more Wisdom Booklets for the remaining of the school year & next year. Since I have a new baby instead of writing in a separate planner like I have in past I just grabbed a pencil and wrote in the Parent Guide Planner to schedule the Wisdom Booklet planner to save time planning.
     
     I circled the projects I wanted to complete. I am scheduling for a 4 day week since we are going to a homeschool co-op on Fridays. I began at the beginning of the Wisdom Booklet and wrote week 1 then Day 1..Day 2...Day 3...Day 4 planning my days for the week.For the projects I scheduled days for my younger students and the older in the age appropriate sections by simply circling and writing the day of the week above it. Also on the side were it it is blank it states student initials hours evaluation I wrote down supplies I would need for the projects for a quick glance when I am gathering materials needed the following week.

I continue through the Wisdom Booklet adding each week until the WB is completed. Some of the resources are long and so I break them up into days to read through. Here is an example as you can see on Day 4 will will begin to read in this resource on giant 4.


My printer is not working so I am waiting for a part to come in so I can't print or copy any worksheets. Since we are using a composition notebooks it is not a big deal. We can either make mini-books to glue in or simply write and journal as we go. I love this as it makes less work on me trying to print out or gather the needed worksheets. We can simply open the WB and go working in our composition books.
     Each student has an age appropriate composition book. As you can see Nehemiah in 2nd grade has a Primary journal to use as he journals his learning discoveries going through the Wisdom Booklets.



Since we do our Wisdom Booklet time in our living room I have an organize in there to hold their Wisdom Booklets, Wisdom Booklet LA, & journals.I still use my workboxes for other subjects and books.
 My husband this weekend placed a white board up for me also to use for the Wisdom Booklet time and to put our memory verses up.
  My husband gets paid on Wed.normally so that is when I look through my library to see what we have for the next week as I review the planner looking at what I planned at the beginning of the month. If I need any books I will go to Amazon to purchase a book we may need. We have Amazon Prime so as long as we purchase items with Amazon Prime it will be here in time for the next week. You can use the library too as an option but will need to plan ahead.
  Some of the books I might plan are read alouds, reading books, or research books with information. I first look at the recommended books in the WB. I like living books with lots of pictures and Christ centered books are on top of the list. So if we are studying George Washington I want a book that shows his love for the Lord.
 Planning the WB writing in the parent planner itself is a quick and easy way to plan the WB a month at a time.
    The journal makes it easy too in preparing as it reduces making copies of worksheets or notebooking pages etc. Your kids also have paper in hand. Another benefit is they can work on their WBLA writing assignment & vocab words that correlates with the WB all in their journal. This reduces the prep time for mom and keeps everything together organized as we work through the WB.
  I hope this was a help and blessing to you in preparing the Wisdom Booklets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected