Sunday, September 14, 2014

Cleaning our Chicken Coop ~* Eglu Cube by Omlet

 It was beautiful outside today!! So I wanted to do a outside project. So I decided to do a quick cleaning of our Chicken Coop. My husband bought me this for my birthday, Anniversary, & mothers day all in one since it was not a cheap gift . I really wanted chickens for fresh eggs to feed our growing family. It has been a few years since we have had chickens. I did not want to go back to a wooden coop since they are so hard to clean. So he bought me a Eglu Cube which are made in England.
      Its Nehemiah chore to feed the and water the chickens. We have Plymoth Barred Rocks. They are my favorite I think they are beautiful.

 Everything comes out & opens up to clean. There are drainage vents. I just did a quick hose down since it was going to get cold tonight I wanted to make sure it could dry in the sun by night fall. Before winter I might power wash it or scrub it down good but for now I just wanted to spray it clean. It drys pretty fast.
 Here is what it looks like without the trays before I sprayed it clean.
 The Glug is the water dish. It comes with both a water dish and a food dish,
 The inside you can see the air vents & perches.The roof comes off and the back for easy cleaning.
 The poop trays pull out so you can easily clean it weekly and save the droppings for fertilizer.
 It also has an out door run. We move it as an easy way to clean the outside pen.It works great no matter where we put it in the yard they know that is where to roost at night.
The girls looking in at their new clean chicken coop. I love the green as it blends in to the yard. I originally was going to purchase pink or red but decided to go with something that will camouflage in the yard. They come in fun colors.
 That was my project for the day. It was a beautiful day and I was glad to be outside!!! I am loving these cooler fall days.
I purchased my Omlet from  www.omlet.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected