Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wb 35 And can it be


 We love this hymn!! It is one of my husbands favorites  My older kids know this old favorite but my little ones are learning it as sing it daily during our Wisdom Booklet time. When you have a large family you must repeat things like Bible stories and new hymns as they grow.
   We used this book How Sweet the Sound by Richard Allen Farmer to study the history of the hymn. There was more information on the message of the song than history but that is ok as it went into our study of the hymn. We completed the theme song worksheet . It was good to see the children pull out Biblical truth & scripture. I think that is one of the things I enjoy about the theme song worksheet. It causes us to slow down and reflect what the writer who in this case was the famous Charles Wesley long time ago penned down when he wrote the song. 
  This hymn is a beautiful example of a personal relationship with God. It is amazing love points us to His forgiveness even though we are not worthy.Each day we sing it I meditate on the words more and more. I pray the Holy Spirit is working in my children s hearts also as they sing and meditate the truth with the scriptures we are learning, 
 I have attached a picture of Angelo doing his theme song worksheet. I love seeing my lambs get fed and finding truth in the Hymns. That is why hymns will always be my favorite they are full of scripture and doctrine,

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected