Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WB 30 Medicine Rec.,Circulatory system,& Biology 101

We began to watch Biology 101 http://www.the101series.com/ Dominic completed his Apologia Biology course so he is finishing up the school year watching this DVD course.Everyone watched the introductory lesson because it was about Classification which went with our science resource project lessons for this WB. I am so happy I purchased this course.It is very creation based and gives God the glory. I loved how he refers to the book of Genesis the days of Creation for classification. My hubby loves creation science so I am sure we will be watching this Biology course together.


.....Some of the books we used today.........................


Today we continued in the Medicine Resource .We did parts 4-6.The lesson focused on different blood types etc.This was an interesting study because we were able to look at our family blood types and compare it to the charts.I am such a visual learner so the pictures and charts are such a blessing for me that are in the Wisdom booklets.I think they add to the discussion in understanding the material. This was a great way to explain what RH negative since both my hubby & I are opposite blood types. We enjoyed the discussion.
We then did a study on the circulatory system.We finished the study with free worksheets from http://bogglesworldesl.com/circulatorysystem.htm. Another website that may help is http://edhelper.com/circulatory.htm. I also purchased Human Body work copywork all three volumes for only $1.50 at Currclick. This will go great with the medicine resources for their handwriting lessons, http://www.currclick.com/product_info.php?products_id=34468&it=1



I also purchased The Great Depression & the New Deal by Carole Marsh from Honey Tree homeschooling supplies at the local homeschool fair I went in March.It is simple worksheets were they read a few paragraphs about the Great Depression than answers questions in differant forms.This is another option to compliment your study and add to your WB notebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected