Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WB 29 Science~Sun~ seasons & time

Joe is working on a Vietnam paper (WB28) and this was his extra credit drawing diagram of a M14.This is a 1,000 word research paper he is doing at the co-op. One of the blessings of the co-op is I can choose classes that will benefit our WB studies. Today we did we studied #1o sun establishes seasons, how ancient civilizations measured time with the sun, summer/winter solstice, & sundials. I then spent some time with Job making his sun lapbook that he will present to Daddy for his report.This is a very simple lapbook and a simple overview of the science resource so he will be the first to give his report to introduce the other topics.
Angelo made this cute seasons book at the co-op last semester.So I used it to teach Job the seasons.This would also be a great project for the younger kids for this resource if you are looking for an idea.




I used the StartWrite50 program to type out the words for him to trace.The scrapbooking runner tape works good for little ones to tape things down & save time.I used the adhesive spray to glue down the minibooks.





















This is his drawings of the 4 seasons: sled, roses,boat,& leaf just in case you could not tell lol







































We also had a life lesson on what hail looks like.Not a good day for solar energy!






















Daniel read the Adonirum Judson book & I read it to the little ones.We also did some of the activity pages.Angelo colored a picture while Angelina & Daniel did a crossword puzzle & a code page. Daniel enjoys crosswords puzzles and wanted to do more.There are also other activity ideas.I love these books by YWAM.I borrowed this from the co-ops library but I will begin to purchase them as needed in the future.






The pictures are great in these books full of color!














Here is a link to the YWAM store.I like to purchase from Amazon.There is also a CD with music etc. you can purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected