Tuesday, March 22, 2011

WB 29 Science~Sun~ provides fresh air(winds)

Today we continued in the science resource and did #9 The energy of the sun maintains fresh air for both the evil and the good. So we learned about the trade winds etc. I made notebooking page by copying the WB picture & blowing it up.The older students had to draw & label the pictures on their own. We used the globe to show were the equator is etc. and made a mini-booklet to attach to the page.


I also like to have my students choose a report to present to their father at the end of the WB.The report has to be on something we learned in the WB.Since we looked at Asia for the history resource Angelo is doing a report on Himalayan animals.I worked on that with him today and I will have him practice each day so he is comfortable when he gives his presentation.I purchased Asian Mountain little animals from Amazon for his display.Of course they enjoyed playing with them too!


Daniel typed his 1rst weeks writing assignment from the WBLA today that was on Adoniram Judson.I then helped him use Scrapbooking Max to make his final copy.We added Adoniram & Anns picture.














We are scheduled to study solar energy Thursday and the project was to build a solar powered vehicle.Dominic likes to build things and wanted to build it today so he did.I have a few solar projects planned but the sun is not out so we will wait until a sunny day.Dominic was able to see on a solar map PA is not the best place in the US to depend on solar energy and our weather is reminding us of that fact.











Here is the completed crane.There are other solar powered vehicles he will be building.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected