Monday, November 1, 2010

WB 26 History Resource & Renaissance


Well I am beginning to feel better after a long hard few weeks. Our past WB song My Anchor Holds was a joy to sing during family devotions today.

I do not like to stretch out the Wisdom Booklets to much but I wanted to get one more week of the Renaissance in to cover the Reformation since I feel it is important church history. Studying the Renaissance time period helps to better understand what life was like during the Reformation.

I am the librarian at our co-op so I get to see all the fun homeschooling products there are available. I checked out the Reformation Overview hosted by Dr.Ken Curtisn the President of Christian History institute. Today we watched the movie looking at John Wycliffe. I was encouraged by the challenges he faced and how important it is to test everything with the word of God. I then had them make a small mini-book on John Wycliffe recording what they learned.

We also studied the Council of Trent today. I assigned them their research projects from the WB projects.They are due to have a report done by the weekend to the family including Dad.


Dominic: Henry 8th

Joe: Shakespeare

Angelina: Elizabeth 1
Today was memory Monday so we recited all the verses up until this WB :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected