Thursday, April 22, 2010

WB 23 Power Through Precision

When I made this notebook before we began the WB, I purposely put a blank page to begin each resource.I tried to match the color to the resource.Since Power Through Precision is blue in the WB I used blue paper. The purpose of this is to introduce the resource in the student notebook and so in the future or maybe when they are showing someone their notebook they remember why we studied these vocabulary words & why did we study the Civil War with this WB.
So I typed a quick intro and made a homemade cover sheet. I used the information from the WB making sure it explains why we studied these vocabulary words. I then used these notebooking pages to do study the vocabulary words.We used the WB definitions this time but you can also use a dictionary.
  • The vocabulary WS they wrote the definition, synonym, antonym, origin & wrote a sentence using the vocabulary word.






After the vocabulary study I then made an introduction page for the WB project the Civil War so the student can tie the project and WB together.So they colored a page from a Civil War coloring book.Each student choose a battle scene. I used the picture as a flap.So when you open the flap you find the reason or introduction to why we are studying the war.Again I use the information from the WB. I also want to mention I use pictures from the Internet to decorate the page. I then printed each student a copy to use as a cover page.


I am not sure if you can see but underneath the Civil War picture I used the text to introduce the project study.
I am going to try to upload the cover letters to the Wisdom Searchers Yahoo group and place it in the file section.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected