Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WB 22 History~ American Indians














































Today was another project day. The elementary students studied Plain Indians while the older students worked on a research assignment for the co-op. We read ..if you lived with the Sioux Indians. This easy to make Teepee Villiage, I purchased from Tobin's lab went perfect with our story. There were tons of figures that showed the daily life of the Plain Indians which was explained in the book, the games, etc.


I cut a picture from the back of the Teepee book to make a pocket to store the teepees and figures in the lapbook.Each Teepee represented different Plain Indian clan symbols(turtle, bear claws, etc.).The The boys had so much fun playing Indians. My reward was listening to them play since they play using the things they learned in the read aloud. I had to laugh when Angelo said " I am tired of eating buffalo let's go to hunt some deer".


We did not get to the WB today we ended up just doing the projects then off to church. Tomorrow I can't wait to get back in the WB.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected