Monday, November 24, 2014

Baby Dropped ~ What does that mean?

     Yesterday my sisters in Christ surprised me with a baby shower!1 I feel so blessed . I will post more about the shower which they called a sprinkling but it was more than that. I am so excited for this baby and we are now ready thanks to the Lord supplying our needs through these wonderful ladies. I can't wait to share pictures :)
 
  Today I went to my 34 week appointment. Praise the Lord everything is going well. Last Wed. my baby dropped. I could feel the pressure especially when walking. This is routine for me so I won't get excited that it means he is coming soon. He still needs to grow some before he comes anyway. My last several babies have dropped at 34 weeks leaving me to waddle like a duck for 6 weeks before they come in to the world. I normally go full term almost to my due date at 40 weeks.

I enjoy anatomy so I thought I would post to show what does it mean for a baby to drop.

As you can see it is not very comfortable for mom.  Caleb is only 34 weeks but he is gaining weight by the week so as he the weight will cause even more pressure because of his weight gain until he is born.

 The doctor confirmed today he has dropped so waddling like a penguin I will have to accept for the next 6 weeks. If you look at the diagram below you will see than can drop from -3 to 0. When you are in labor they go past 0 and they began to go through the pelvis. I am looking forward meeting this little active baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite blogs :O)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected